Common Drain and Sewage Problems
The team at AA Johnny’s Sewer & Drain Cleaning Service Ltd is often called out to work on some of the following issues:
- Toilet Overflows: Watching the water level rise to the rim of a clogged toilet can be quite disconcerting. Most cases can be solved with the simple use of a plunger. However, for stubborn cases, and before flushing a second time (which will surely cause a mess), make a quick call to our team of licensed plumbers.
- Kitchen Sink Plugs: Due to the preparation process required for cooking daily meals, kitchen sinks see the most debris stuffed down their drains. While most elements flow smoothly through the pipes, it only takes one stuck particle to cause an eventual build-up and clog. While plunging the sink drain can sometimes resolve the issue, the potential to push the clog further down, and pack it tighter, is very real. Call one of our professional plumbers, and we’ll make sure the plug is eliminated completely, preventing any further damage to your pipes.
- Backed-Up Floor Drain: A backed-up floor drain can mean one of two things. One cause would be built-up household waste unable to leave the home due to a blockage in the main line leaving your home. The other cause, and this one is more serious, would be the result of a sewage backflow – which consists of waste from the sewer system coming back into your home. In either one of these cases, it is essential that you call a professional drain expert to have a look. Backed-up drains can result in thousands of dollars of water damage repair – especially if the backflowing water contains sewage!
- Laundry Drain Clogs: Over time, lint, dirt, mud, and other particles can build up in your laundry drain and cause serious clogs – sometimes so severe that it causes your washing machine to overflow, which can result in extensive water damage. There are a few DIY methods of clearing your laundry drain; however, your best bet is to contact a licensed and insured professional to ensure the job is done right.
- Backed-Up Sewer: Sewer lines are designed to transport household wastewater from your home to underground sewer systems, and out of your sight. Simple enough. However, even a minor clog in your sewer line can result in raw sewage backing up through your home’s drains, causing serious water damage, expensive sewer line repair or replacement, as well as posing serious health risks to you and your family. Don’t procrastinate when you notice water backing up in your floor drains. Call the experts at AA Johnny’s Sewer & Drain Cleaning Service Ltd immediately!
We also offer the following specialized residential sewer and drain cleaning services:
- Power Flushing: This cleansing process is mainly used to remove deposits of sludge, rust, and other debris, and to restore the full circulation of water around your central heating system. If you notice cold spots on radiators, noise coming from the boiler, or diminished warming speed, our technicians will gladly perform a power flush to have your system working optimally once again.
- Tree Root Removal from Sewer Lines: One of the major causes of damage to sewer lines, as well as severe clogs, is the growth of tree roots. The reason for this is simple: tree roots need lots of water, and sewer lines have an abundance of it. Homeowners are charged with the responsibility of maintaining their own sewer lines, so checking for tree root damage can be a problem since these pipes are buried deep underground, and inaccessible without the proper equipment. AA Johnny’s Sewer & Drain Cleaning Service Ltd will gladly, and affordably, provide regular sewer line maintenance for you, removing the presence of tree roots before they have the chance to damage your pipes irreparably.